Moms have to juggle chores and errands in every day. Try the following so you won’t need to spend more time than you have to.
“We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.”
– Nelson Mandela
- Do your shopping on weekdays and not during or few days after pay day. The grocery is full during pay days and weekends. The best time is the weekday right before pay day. It is best to go there in the morning, avoid after office hours.
- Make a grocery list, and stick to it. I use Wunderlist app on my phone, it’s handy and I can cross the items as I go.
- Do your bank transactions midweek. Keep away from the first and last days of the month and days right after holidays. It is also wise to avoid the first and last banking hours; these are the busiest times of the day.
- Pay bills online or through ATM. Plenty of service providers provide online and bank payment transactions. Take advantage of these options to avoid long queues.
- In the department store, pay at the cashier in the men’s section. The line at the men’s section is usually the shortest.
- Wait for a cab at an intersection if possible. Doing this gives you more chances of riding a taxi faster.
- Boil eggs together with rice using the rice cooker. I’ve learned this from my husband. It doesn’t only save time; it also saves water and cooking gas.
- If space allows, hang as many clothes as you can instead of folding. Hanging clothes is easier than folding them. Especially if you are like me who hates folding.
- Have a designated place for everything and let your housemates know. This will avoid them asking you where every single thing is.
- Prepare clothes and bags at night. Jamming everything in the morning means chaos and stress.
- Delegate! No, you are not a superwoman, you cannot do it all. Try to delegate the chores you don’t like if possible. My husband is in charge of bringing out the trash, feeding the dog and cleaning up its house. I let my daughter pick up things from the floor and buy things from the store. I delegate other things too but these are the things they know they have to do.
Do you have other time-saving hacks? I would love to know them!